Saturday 28 May 2011

Restaurant Style Cheese Macaroni

P1060430

Hi!

Today was special as I started my month long vacation and so thought of treating the kid with his favourite food. A few days back when S was travelling I and the kid went out to have some fun, we played and we ate out. He decided to have pasta from the live pasta corner and ordered a fusilli in cheese sauce with no veggies. One strong look from me and he requested the chef, please add some corn to mine. He loved the pasta which even I personally liked.

 

My kid can avoid veggies to any extent and is quite picky about it, so when I asked him today that whether he would like to have a similar kind of pasta he had the other day, he simply beamed. I assured him that I would make the pasta provided he lets me put veggies in that. With some reluctance he agreed and I did make him a similar kind rather a better kind of cheese pasta which he ate wholeheartedly and I was more than happy as I made him eat the veggies too.

P1060429

Ingredients

1tsp finely chopped garlic

2 cups boiled macaroni

2tsp butter

3/4-1cup of milk

1/4-1/2 cup cream

1 large pinch oregano

1 large pinch basil

1/4 cup grated cheese

salt to taste

freshly crushed black pepper to taste

3tbsp of chopped coloured bell peppers

chilli flakes and cilantro for garnishing

Method

In a pan take the garlic and butter and heat it, once you start getting the aroma of garlic (do not let it change the colour) add the milk followed by the cream.

Tip in the herbs, fresh pepper and salt to taste.

Mix in the macaroni followed by the cheese. Keep the flame low and do not cook much as the sauce thickens fast.

FOOD2-11

Pour the pasta into the serving bowl and sprinkle cilantro and chilli flakes.

 

Eat immediately Winking smile.

P1060424



If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.

34 comments:

KrithisKitchen said...

Superb dish.. love the colorful bell peppers in the pic..
http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com
Event: Serve It-Chilled

Radhika said...

So Cheesy Pari. love it.

Sunanda said...

Wow!Looks creamy and yummy..Bookmarkedit ,,My kid would love this for sure..

Sunanda's Kitchen

Priya Sreeram said...

creamy,cheesy delight !yummm !!

Hari Chandana P said...

Very nice recipe.. looks tempting !!
Indian Cuisine

Rocio said...

Yummmy!

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

cheesy,yummy n tempting mac n cheese...colorful with the veggies
sanyukta
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

Santosh Bangar said...

looking inviting creamy macroni

Unknown said...

Hi pari, Macroni looks yummy.

Chandrani
http://cuisinedelights.blogspot.com

Vatsala. said...

Can I grab a platefull. Looking fab.
Show and Tell

Vimitha Durai said...

Cheesy and yummy mac looks so yum...

kitchen queen said...

yummilicious and droolworthy!

Alia said...

Hi!

Im your follower

I really like your blog. Nice posts!
Keep up the good work!

Do visit my blog too at
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

Vardhini said...

My kid loves macaroni too .. lovely clicks.

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Binys Recipes said...

macaroni is cheesy and looks creamy...great recipe

Nandita SS said...

The MAc and cheese looks so inviting. Makes me wanna dig in right now :)

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious flavourful mac and cheese

Suparna said...

hey pari...super delicious :P such cheesy dish...mmmm well prepared!

Sravs said...

So wonderful and super recipe !!

Unknown said...

Hey Pari,

Yummy and tasty cheese macaroni...:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

Prathima Rao said...

So cheesy & yummy!!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Unknown said...

this is what I want to have now..looks just yumm..

Priya Suresh said...

Feel like finishing that damn inviting,irresistible cheesyyyy macaroni,yummm!

Raji said...

Mac and Cheese can surely brighten up any kids day..and sneaking of veggies make in it make mom's relaxed...very creamy and delish.

schmetterlingwords said...

Ooohhh.... yummy yummy pasta... No wonder your kid liked it... Nice recipe :-)

Rinku Naveen said...

My son's fav. Good one Pari. Will surely try this. Thanks

Krishnaveni said...

my daughter's fav, looks yumm

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

creamy and yummy pasta.My kids fav one too.

Sutapa said...

Wow ...looks divine and taste yummoo!

Raks said...

Yummy, I love it,looks so perfect pari!

chef and her kitchen said...

Mac n cheese is definitely a lovely combo n u made it beautifully..:)

Parita said...

this is my sister's favorite! bookmarked! will make for her someday!

Unknown said...

Looks absolutely superb !!!

a girl's diary said...

it looks so cheesy...n delicious...very nice click :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails