Firstly I must thank all the participants for sending such innovative and tasty recipes using various breads. One can try out so many sweets and savouries using a bread from the wonderful array of preparations…A great enthusiasm shown by all participants .
I am rounding off this event in two sections in the same post, the first part has entries from countries other than India and part B has entries from India, this has helped me choose the winner for the cookbook from the Indian subcontinent as this month has no CSN giveaway.
I do want to make a humble request to all the participants, kindly read the format and rules carefully before sending in the entries. I’m sure all my blogger friends who have hosted events would agree with me that rounding off the event is a very time consuming procedure and if the entries sent are not in proper format and not complying with the rules, the host’s job increases manifold. Please spend an extra minute to read the rules carefully, this will surely help your host and will also eliminate your re-efforts.
These are the entries which I have acknowledged through email. I have not accepted entries which did not comply with the rules of the event so kindly excuse me for that. Please check that your links are functioning properly and all your entries that I have accepted are here. In case I have missed out something please shoot me a mail to email@example.com and I will correct it, and do understand that the mistake was never intended.
Starting off with the foreign countries…
1.Vidya of Vegetarian Delicacies has sent Eggplant Pizza from USA
2.Cham of Spice Club has sent No Knead Bread from USA
3. Mythreyi of Yum!Yum!Yum! Jalapeno Crostini Strips From USA
4. Mythreyi of Yum!Yum!Yum! has also sent Cinnamon Streusel Bread from USA
5. Vaishali of Holy Cow! has sent Whole Wheat Laadi Pav from USA
6. Savitha Ramesh of Savitha’s Kitchen has sent Cinnamon Sticks from USA
7. Krithi of Krithi’s Kitchen has sent Walnut Stuffed French Toast from USA
8. Sowmya of Creative Saga has sent Bread Crumbs Nut Sponge Cake from Singapore
9. Shanavi of Kitchen Secrets has sent Crostini from USA
10. Raji of My Diary Of Good Food has sent Pani Popo from UAE
11. Supriya of Queen Of My Kitchen has sent Stuffed Bread Buns from USA
12. Nandita of Paaka-Shaale has sent Family Bread from Tanzania
13. Chitra of Chitranna has sent Whole Wheat Bread Upma from UK
14. Umm Mymoonah of Taste Of Pearl City has sent Strawberry Pizza from Germany
15. Reva of Kaarasaaram has sent French Toast Strawberry Kababs from UK
16. Suvidha of Suvidha’s Kitchen has sent Bread Rolls from UK
17. Usha of My Spicy Kitchen has sent from Mushroom Brushchetta & Sandwiches from USA
18. Savitha Ramesh of Savitha’s Kitchen has sent Vegetable Pizza from USA
19. Nashira of Plateful has sent Mini Pizza with Bread and Pastry Crust from Qatar
20. Najla Loya of Foodie Corner has sent Bread and Butter Pudding from UAE
21. Charitha of Women’s Era 2008 has sent Bread and Spinach Manchurian from USA
22. Tahemeem of Not So Gourmet has sent Bagel Pizza from USA
23. Mythreyi of Yum!Yum!Yum! has also sent Fruit Tea Bread from USA
24. Kamakshi Prasanna of Kamu's Kaivannam has sent Creamy Crunchy Bread from USA
25. Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes has sent Foolish Bread from France
26. Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes has also sent Flax Seed Bread Rolls from France
27. Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes has also sent English Muffins from France
28. Najla Loya of Foodie Corner has also sent Potato Bread Roll with Cheese Filling from UAE
29. Jayasri of Samayalarai-Cookingisdivine has sent Masala Spiral Bread from UK
30. Savitha Ramesh of Savitha’s Kitchen has sent Spicy, Sour and Sweet Sandwich from USA
31. Smitha of Smitha’s Spicy Flavours has sent Bruschetta
32. Aipi of US Masala has sent Whole Wheat Tomato Olives and Feta Cheese focaccia from USA
33. Aipi of US Masala has also sent Basic White Bread from USA
34. Aipi of US Masala has also sent Braided Bread With Paneer Stuffing from USA
35. Vidhya Venugopal of Sugar’N Spice sent Coconut Buns from USA
36. Saraswaty Iyer of Sara’s Corner has sent Bread Upma from Singapore
37. Denny of Oh Taste and See has sent Spinach Bread Kofta Curry from USA
38. Shanavi of Kitchen Secrets has sent Indi Sandwich from USA
39. Harini- Jaya of Tamalpaku have sent Bread Utthapam from USA
40. Harini- Jaya of Tamalpaku have also sent Bread Dates Laddoo from USA
41. Harini- Jaya of Tamalpaku have also sent Bread Upma from USA
42. A non blogger Pooja Gad from USA has also contributed her recipe, posting her contribution in her own words..
Sweetened Bread Uppit
You could call this a variation of sahi tukda or as in my family its know " bread uppit lavang maaza" , the literal translation of which (from Kannada) means bread upma clove fun. Well, my dad created this fun recipe and my brother modified it. All in all, its fun to make and most of all very easy to make. It can easily take the place of a fancy dessert and your guests will love it. And so will all the children
1. Brown Bread 1 full pack (i prefer brown as its healthier)
2 1/2 cup ghee
3 4--5 clove pieces
4 1 teaspoon cardamom (elaiche) powder
5 1/4 cup sugar
6 1 pack of sweetened condensed milk
7 hand full of dry fruits of your choice, finely chopped . I use almonds (badam), pista, cashunuts (kaju)
1. Cut the bread into small square pieces. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. Heat ghee is a pan. Add the clove pieces and cardamom power. Add half the sugar and fry for a minute. Now add the bread pieces and fry till they change colour slightly and become crisp. Now add all the remaining sugar and stir the pudding for 4- 5 minutes.
3. Your pudding is ready. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep it aside till you want to serve it.
4. Before serving, pour the bottle of condensed milk over the bread pudding.
5 Garnish with dry fruits and serve. Your guests will love this new fresh taste. They will surely want more and the recipe.
1.Priya Sreeram of Bon Appetit has sent Garlic Rolls from India
2. Deeksha of Dee’s Kitchen has sent Bread Chum Chum from India
3. Prathibha of The Chef & Her Kitchen has sent Whole Wheat Garlic and Herb Rolls from India
4. Prathibha of The Chef & Her Kitchen has sent Khara Bread from India
5. Sukanya of Saffron Streaks has sent Bread Rasmalai from India
6. Shobha of Foodmazaa has sent Stuffed Buns from India
7. Priya Sreeram of Bon Appetit has sent Braided Bread With Potato Pea Stuffing from India
8. Radhika of Tickling Palates has sent Bread Jamoon from India
9. Sharmi of Neivedyam has sent Gobi Masala Naan from India
10. Sharmi of Neivedyam has also sent Amish Friendship Bread from India
11.Sharmi of Neivedyam has also sent Christmas Tree Pizza from India
12. Kurinji of Kurinjikathambam has sent Bread Jamun from India
13. Kurinji of Kurinjikathambam has sent French Toast from India
14. Kurinji of Kurinjikathambam has sent Bread Bajji from India
15. Kurinji of Kurinjikathambam has sent Spicy Bread Toast With Gram Flour from India
16. Shobha of Food Mazaa has sent Pizza Rolls from India
17. Finally my (Pari’s) entries from Foodelicious,
I used random.org to pick up the winner from 1-16 numbers of Part B and the lucky number is 12, of Bread Jamun by Kurinji. Congrats dear, enjoy Tarla Dalal’s Cookbook. Please mail me your address and contact number.