Friday 21 May 2010

Celebrating An Year of Blogging With Litchi Kulfi

P1020738
Hello Friends!
I can not believe that my blog turns an year old today, something which I had started very casually for some time pass on 21st May’09 has turned out to become a passion. I started blogging with my first post Maavinkaayi Chutney on 22nd May’09 which is a spicy raw mango chutney from the state of Karnataka and my family’s favorite. Then I celebrated my 50th post with Chocolate Muesli Bars and the 100th with Jackfruit Biryani. I managed to conduct my first event The Combo Event, which with your support turned out to be quite successful. I also started my second blog Kitchen-Basics this year which is completely devoted to the beginners in cooking and also my children. Here I post simple recipes, basic cooking methods and traditional recipes too, like recently I posted Masala Potato Upma  which is a traditional Karnataka style spicy Upma/ Uppittu(do check it out, it’s too good).
In this one year of blogging at Foodelicious I tried various cuisines and various ingredients which probably I would not have attempted otherwise. Blogging has helped me grow as a cook and at the same time I find myself more knowledgeable. So many terms and techniques used in the Culinary World which I was completely unaware of, have now became a part of my life.  Baking which  was a rarity in my kitchen  first came to an occasional level and then gradually to a frequent level. Baking is something that I have started enjoying a lot but has not reached the level of overindulgence yet. I am gradually understanding the ratio and proportion of ingredients used in baking, various substitutes etc. I also want to thank Maria and Rosie of Sweet and Simple Bakes who were an inspiration for me when it comes to baking. Please join me friends to pray for Rosie(Jules) who passed away 2 days back. She was a real sweet heart and helped me with my queries during my initial days of blogging.
Blogging made me come close to so many people whom I have never met in person but we have touched each others lives. I get to interact with so many people, have friends with whom I chat on FB, some friends via mail and so many are a call away. I love the feel of knowing so many talented and nice people who always make me a realize that life is so special and there’s so much to know and learn.Thank you friends for all the kind words that you leave here and all the support that you have bestowed on me and my humble blog.
Ideally I should have baked a cake for my blog baby’s birthday so I kept debating with myself on which cake to bake as there are so many of them  that  I have been wanting to try but no matter how much I convinced myself I was in mood to stand in the fuming kitchen for a long time and try an elaborate recipe as the sun is extremely angry on us and the heat is just unbearable. An hour in the kitchen and I feel exhausted and dehydrated. Finally I decided to post yet another cold dessert but this time with another beautifully stoned fruit Litchi/Lychee.
I am so glad that I made  this tasty and quick to make kulfi, it completely satiated us, just sucks in the heat. The white colour of the Kulfi makes one feel cool, a perfect treat in this hot climate and just apt for any kind of celebration.
This kulfi needs very basic ingredients and has the mild but extremely delectable flavor of Lychee. The same proportion can be used to make Kulfi with other fruits like mango, custard apple and strawberry too. This Kulfi is not heavy to digest as it does not use a lot of Khoya and additional cream. Let’s read how I made it and you would realize that I am not exaggerating on the simplicity of this preparation..
P1020745
Ingredients
a litre of full cream milk
1/4 can of condensed milk
5-6 tbsp sugar (please adjust this according to your taste)
about a cup of fresh lychee pulp ( I used 3/4 cup fresh pulp and 1/4 cup Lychee crush)
Method
Seed the lychee and then blend it in a mixer. Sieve the pulp. Mix the lychee crush to that.
Take a heavy bottom pan and boil the milk and reduce it to half, keep stirring continuously and do not let the milk scorch at the base of the pan. Add the sugar and boil for about 5 minutes on high flame.
Cool the milk and then add the condensed milk and lychee pulp to it.
Pour the mix in kulfi moulds and freeze it for about 6-8 hours.
Desserts1
For de-molding, take a napkin in your hand and rub the mould between the palms or dip the mould in water. Garnish with some chopped Pistachios and fresh Mint and serve immediately.
P1020742
If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.

76 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Congrats Pari....this is perfect way to celebrate it ...lovely post and kulfi ofcoz looks delicious

Nithu Bala said...

Congrats Pari :-) Kulfi is so nice...thanks for sharing this wonderful kulfi..love to see 1000s of more recipes from you Dear..

Gayathri Anand said...

Hi Pari ,

Congrats yaar ...Wishes to continue with your blogging work for many years ...and Lovely Kulfi treat ...for blog anniversary ...

looks delicious ...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the milestone! May you have many many more! Best luck, and a big hug :)

Preeti Kashyap said...

Congrats!

Kanchan said...

Congrats Dear !!!

you should celebrate this with one more event !

Waiting for many more wonderful posts from you in many coming years...

Pari Vasisht said...

Thanks Dost, u know I actually remembered u while making this, u will love this.
Thanks Nithu, Oh! I wish so much that I could post 1000's of them.
Thank you so much Gayatri.
Thanks Preeti.
Thanks Madhuri,hugs to u dear.
Kanchi, I was actually planning to host another event, let's c I might still announce it.I hope I will continue to post decent recipes dear.:-)

Rach said...

Congrats Pari :) Wishing u luck in coming days too. This kulfi looks so yumm :) Sakkathagidhe :) Nangu kufli madkondu thin bekku ansthidhe :) Sorry for typing in kannada. Hope your hubby can help u with this Prajaktha :)

Raks said...

Congrats Pari! Way to go! And Lychee is my favorite and Kulfi is very delicious looking!

Soma Pradhan said...

Looks so delicous dear..Simply superb

Sushma Mallya said...

Congrats pari, kulfi looks perfect and never tried doing lychee flavoured kulfi but a great idea and nice way to celebrate this milestone...

Sonia said...

Congratulations dear!! Wish you many many moreeeee.....:)

Deepti said...

Congrats on completing one yr...perfect recipe to celebrate it.

Rachana said...

Congrats dear Pari! Nothing better than this sweet litchi kulfi to celebrate this occasion :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Congrats on your all your achievements Pari :)...keep rocking dear...what a delicious way to celebrate with litchi icecream..superb :)

Az said...

Happy Birthday Foodelicious and Congratulations Pari.. sorry to hear about Rosie..

I love Lychee... the kulfis came out perfect and it's a great dessert for summer time..

Hari Chandana P said...

Woww.. Congrats Pari.. keep rocking.. :)

Suji said...

Congrats Pari..Kulfi looks very tempting...

Love
Kairali sisters

PranisKitchen said...

congrats pari.Happy birthday to ur blog..best treat for this lovely occation.really delicious kulfi.nice picts..the presentation itself give more taste to the kulfi.awesome.All my best wishes...

Usha said...

Congrats on reaching this milestone! Wish you many more years of happy blogging ! Kulfi looks fabulous...

Shriya said...

Congrats Pari on your Blog Anniversary. Great way to go. Love kulfi and looks so tempting .

Nandinis food said...

Congrats, Pari! Litchis are my favorite! They almost taste like jelly sold in little packs (NOT Jello)! The kulfi must be giving a great taste! I'll try this for sure! Yum!

Pari Vasisht said...

Thanks Rach, swalpa kannada arthagata.
Raji, this was my first try with lychee this way and simply loved it.
Sushma, if you have not had lychee kulfi you must try this, it was too good.
Thanks Sonia, Deepti and Soma.
Thanks, even I found the kulfi apt for the celebration.
Thanks so much Gita.

Rajee Mani said...

Congrats Pari on your milestone. Perfect treat for the occasion.

Padmajha said...

Congrats Pari and wishing your bloggy baby many more happy years to come :)..Excellent idea to celebrate a b'day with lychee icecream,looks yumm

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Pari, wishing you many more years in this blogsphere..

I cant believe about Rosie, i was shocked and am so sad when i came to know through Maria u know..

Btw litchi kulfi looks super prefect and truly delicious..

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Congrats Pari,
Wishing you many more success in blogging...
Litchi Kulfi is completely new...awesome clicks..

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Pari! Happy first anniversary to your blog!! Love your litchi kulfi..It looks gorgeous!!

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Pari
Congrats! I am sure this year more dishes will come
have a nice weekend

sangeeta said...

Congratulations Pari and the kulfi looks cool , lichi flavor is such a favorite n we have not yet started on lichi this season....i love lichi slush n this kulfi will be great too.

Swathi said...

Congrats pari on your blog baby's birthday. Looking forward to many more recipes from you. Kulfi looks awesome. This i am going to buy kulfi mould from India.

Parita said...

Congratulations Pari!! Wish you many many more milestones ahead! Very unique and different flavor of kulfi, perfect for celebrating :)

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Congrats on completing 1st year of blogging, kulfi looks delicious and creamy, beautiful click too...

Malar Gandhi said...

Congrats Pari, Keep up the good work going, happy blogging:) Litchi kulfi sounds very innovative and refreshing:)

Madhavi said...

Congratulations pari :)) and Lichi kulfi YUMMMMMMMM :))

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Congrats on your blog birthday Pari. wish many more such years of blogging. the litchi kulfi looks outstanding. perfect to beat the heat.

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

have updated my post with the vegetarian version. check in convenience.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your first blog anniversary :) ur blog and mine celebrate their birthdays the same month ;-)

Pavani said...

Congrats Pari.. Lychee kulfi looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

beat the heat with kulfis! congrats on 1 year milestone..keep it coming

R said...

congratulations on a year of blogging!! the ice cream looks like a perfect treat for summer, delicious :)

Unknown said...

They look simply mouth watering. Yummmmmmmmmylicious :)

Umm Mymoonah said...

Wow! the kulfi looks soooo delicious, creamy texture, it's so tempting, just like a shop bought one.Very good job ya.
Happy to follow you

Namitha said...

Congrats Pari !!!! Keep up your great work...and kulfis look terrific :-)

Unknown said...

i really feel like having that now..looks absolutely tempting and simple recipe too..

Prema said...

congrats pari,perfect gulfi...very nice!

Cham said...

Congrats and wish many more delicious years! That is an unique flavored kulfi!

Unknown said...

Hi pari,
We have an award waiting for you at our space. Please do stop by to collect it.

jayasree said...

Congrats Pari, wishing you many more happy blogging years ahead.

Kulfi- Perfect to celebrate. Loved this lychi flavored one.

SathyaSridhar said...

Congrats Pari,, kulfi looks perfect dear.

notyet100 said...

wht a way to celebrate,,,congrats dear,.

Aruna Manikandan said...

Congratulation dear and wishing u many more success!!!
Kulfi looks perfect and very tempting dear :-)

Khaugiri said...

Tum jiyo hajaro saal aur tumhare post ho pachas hazar:). Congrats Pari!!!!! Kulfi is just yummmmmm:).



sorry to hear about Rosie.

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

congrats dear and lovely kulfi...

SS blogs here said...

Hey Pari.. congratulations on sustaining your blogging efforts for a whole year! That's a lot of time and commitment! :) Best wishes to you and may you blog for many years to come! Cheers!

PJ said...

Congrats Pari! What a delicious way to celebrate the blogversary :) The lychee kulfi looks like a perfect summer night dessert.

Wishing you lots many such wonderful blogversaries to come.

Uma said...

Congrats on your blog's first birthday Pari! Kulfi looks so good and yummy.

I was also shocked and sad to hear about Rosie. She was such a good friend and great blogger.

Rajani said...

congratulations!
delicious!! i think litchi kulfi is the best way to celebrate :)

Rekha shoban said...

congrats pari! keep rocking dear...i love lychee very much...that too in this way really looks yummy!

priya said...

hi dear,

There is an award waiting for u in my blog!!..please collect it!

Ms.Chitchat said...

Congrats and best wishes on your blog ann. A lichi lover, enjoyed the kulfi recipe and bookmarked too.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Congratulations dear and wish you achieve many more milestones. Lychee kulfi looks terrific .
Sorry to hear about your bloggi pal Rosie.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Aparna said...

congrats pari..keep going..kulfi turnd out well..:)

M D said...

I want to get a bite into these right now! They look so delicious!

AdukalaVishesham said...

Big congrats on your milestone..Keep up the amazing work while we look forward to many more dazzling recipes from your kitchen.

The kulfis looks so good... Can imagine the taste must be only getting better with the Lichis

GayathriRaj said...

hey congratulations for ur 1 yr of successful blogging....and that kulfi is very nice...i love icecreams and dint not try even once at home...after seeing urs i wud love to try at home...thanks for sharing...

Hayley said...

Hey Pari..congrats! keep fit you got to reach a big milestone (I mean so many years we want to see you here)keep rocking..I'm very choosy about kulfi, somereason I just love kesar-pista or kesar-elachi..but after seeing yours withLychee I'm tempting to try it soo.

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Congrats Pari... Kulfi looks awesome and delicious. Lovely presentation.

Sarah Naveen said...

Happy Anniversary dearie...you are doing a great job and keep rocking...

Unknown said...

wow i love kulfi its very sweet i love that taste
great post

Sindhura said...

Congratulations pari.....Litchi kulfi is inviting n yummy...Love that pic......
Drop in sometime to my blog with ur valuable comments...

Panchpakwan said...

Congarts Pari..
Kulfi looks so yumm!!

Simply Life said...

Congrats on 1 year!

San said...

Hey pari,hats off to u.Congratulations n wishing you to entertain us all more with your decadent recipes.Kulfi sounds interesting n tempting dear.

Urmi said...

Heartiest congratulations to you for completion of one year.
Kulfi looks delicious and mouth watering. Thanks for this lovely recipe.
You are welcome in my blogs.

Padhu Sankar said...

Kulfi looks superb!! Congrats on completing 1 year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails