Sunday 29 November 2009

A quick to make Semolina Kheer

clip_image002[4]
Hello everyone! I am sure every body once in a while faces a problem of unexpected guests and then you have to cook something fervently. And in case your guests have given you sometime to think and cook some dessert this is surely a winner.
This kheer/pudding is very quick to cook and light to the stomach and extremely delicious. I remember the first time I made this Kheer, S was quite  pleasantly surprised. He does not have a sweet tooth but he just loved the Kheer.
Recently I had some guests who had joined us for a lunch on a weekday. As you know morning hours on a normal weekday are quite busy, completing morning chores and then entering the kitchen, but gladly my guests had asked me to to cook simple food. So I decided to make Methi Baingan Bharta, as fresh methi is available abundantly these days. I also made my savior Platform Potato Curry and some Khamang Kakdi which I will surely post some day. For the dessert I made this Kheer which we all loved and cherished.
Ingredients
1.25L milk
5-6 spoons Semolina/Rava/Sooji
1/2 can of condensed milk
5-6 tbsp Doodh masala
a handful of cashewnuts and raisins
a small spoon of clarified butter/ghee
Method
Take a pan/karahi and heat a spoon of clarified butter, put semolina and roast for a few minutes.
Gradually add in the milk stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Add in the milk completely and bring it to a boil. Simmer and cook for 10 mins.
Add the condensed milk gradually, stirring continuously. Keep scraping the bottom to avoid milk sticking to base. One can add more sugar at this step if you like that extra sweetness. Boil for a few more minutes and bring it to room temperature. The condensed milk provides the sweetness and thickness to the kheer.
Add the Doodh masala, cashewnuts and raisins.
Chill the kheer for an hour before serving.

clip_image002
Tip- Nutmeg adds a beautiful flavour to this kheer.
If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.

37 comments:

Siddhi Shirsat said...

hi Pari,
your this kheer realy luks tempting...ur guests must have njoyed it a lot...

Rohini said...

Hmm.. Yummy kheer!! :)

Malar Gandhi said...

Looks awesome, lovely kheer.

Trish said...

Oh, I feel like I am right at home with my in-laws when I read this. Delicious!

sangeeta said...

lovely pictures !!!
even i make this kheer or seviyan kheer whenever in hurry and your's looks great with the doodh masala ... i make a winter doodh masala ( different from the store bought) at home for warmth n that i add in kheer too in winters only...
sooji kheer was Mithi's favorite n still makes me nostalgic.

ann low said...

Sounds great! Looks so easy to make :D

priya said...

looks so delicious and yummy, dear...tempting pics...love to have it after a spicy food!!..thx for sharing!

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Thanks for sharing Pari... I made it 2 weeks ago with instructions from the MTR packet... It was well appreciated.

Priya Suresh said...

Delicious and creamy kheer looks really very creamy and rich with all those nuts and dry fruits!!

Unknown said...

Looks creamy & yummy.

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Quick & easy yummy dessert.........

SE said...

yummy..looks very delicious...nice clik too..looks very tempting.

Vrinda said...

Yummy kheer,nice shot....

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

kheer looks tempting and never tried nutmeg in kheer.nice pctures

Nandinis food said...

Creamy Kheer! Perfect for me :-)

Sarah Naveen said...

nice click..Yummy yummy kheer...

Preeti Kashyap said...

i make this too...isn't it awesome? Love the click!

jayasree said...

Kheer looks tempting.. lovely idea to add doodh masala to it.

Soma Pradhan said...

Kheer Looks delicious..

Angie's Recipes said...

Sounds and looks very delicious!

gtyuk said...

easy & quick to do, nice kheer!!

Latha said...

Creamy kheer....nice click

Katy ~ said...

Ohs this looks nice and creamy and delicious. Your guests are fortunate to have such a gracious hostess!

Ms.Chitchat said...

Kheer looks absolutely yummy. Even I follow the same procedure except for the Doodh masala. Very nice click.

Chitchat

Gita Jaishankar said...

Lovely and tempting click dear...this kheer is a winner for sure :)

Usha said...

That sounds so simple and delicious, I should keep this in mind for the next time I need to make something sweet really fast....

Anupama said...

Hmmm yum yum.. nice color and richness :-)

Anonymous said...

dhoodh masala is sure to add a great flavour..looks delicious

Cham said...

Quick and quiet easy to put together!

amna said...

my mom makes this quicker than I can fill a glass of water. i have tried it once for my b'day and everyone liked it, not sure if its because it was my b'day :D

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Creamy and yummy kheer. Nice click

Unknown said...

oh, kheer look fantastic and it sounds so yummy. I'd love to try some.:)

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Looks creamy and delicious.

Parita said...

Delicious and inviting kheer!

s said...

looks so creamy and well presented

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

my hubby's fav kheer..looks delicious..

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear pari
My favorite and my wife's too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails